The online Bachelor of Science Degree Completion Program* in Quality Systems Management is designed for individuals who seek an accelerated, team-supported management education program and believe that a management focus in quality and organizational performance is a competitive career advantage. Students are typically experienced, working adults.
- The program is designed as a “bridge” for those who possess an Associate’s degree (or equivalent course work in some cases, esp. for international applicants) to earn an accelerated bachelor’s degree.
- The BSC curriculum consists of a one-year bachelor’s degree completion program (12 months, 10 courses, 30 credits, 2 semesters), delivered in an integrated storyboard format that has been developed after extensive consultation with diverse focus groups of prospective employers, organizational leaders and quality systems practitioners.
- NGS accepts 60 to 75 credits in transfer from an approved college.
- Up to 30 credits may be awarded for experiential learning from work experience and accomplishments.
- Graduating from the BS degree program requires a total of 120 credits.
A distinguishing feature of the program is the team-based, work-related, business project that parallels rich content courses which integrate course learnings to develop a project storyboard for presentation to the company or organization sponsoring the project and NGS faculty throughout the program. The program is offered in an online cohort group format.
Experiential learning portfolio
The Experiential Learning Portfolio is a compilation of the student’s experiences in work, training, volunteer, and other non-academic activities that qualify for the assignment of college-level credit. Students are allowed to document the positive, professional and career related accomplishments they have accumulated after high school to demonstrate they have – in fact – “learned” outside the normal classroom setting. Students will be happy to know that many training programs and seminars may qualify for college-level credit as well. Military personnel will benefit from the formal training they have received at the various levels along their career path as nearly every specialty contains valuable college-level credit.
What students should expect from the BSQSM program
The purpose of the BSQSM:
- To provide students, particularly working adults and other non-traditional students the opportunity to finally finish their Bachelor Degree with education that will empower them to make rapid contributions to private, public and military sector organizations;
- To engage students in a rigorous, exciting, challenging, theoretical and practical learning experience in a specialized curriculum that is uniquely centered in both management sciences and quality systems, predicated on a teamwork approach, and incorporating a business project that requires measurable results;
- To provide students with the resources needed to interact with others clearly and effectively;
- To impart and demonstrate to students the aligned relationship of a management quality systems theme to ethical behavior;
- To introduce students to the principles and practices of quality assurance, process efficiency, and customer satisfaction as integral functions in successful business systems.
*Not available in MA. Not available to MA residents.