In response to our students, and in collaboration with Juran Global, we are pleased to be able to offer this streamlined process for Juran Global Lean Six Sigma Green and Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification. We have reviewed and revised the process for your cohorts. The following outlines the new policy:
Cohorts prior to 1/14:
- NGS did not have a partnership with Juran Global at this time. Therefore, no belt certification is attached to the BSc or MS degree. To obtain a belt, students must go through the normal certification process. No special accommodations will be made. The steps include: Submission of successful project, test, fee and oral defense.
All Cohorts from 1/14 onward:
- Once BSc students have completed their NGS degree programs, Juran Global will award LSS Green Belt Certifications.
- Once MS students have completed their NGS degree programs, Juran Global will award LSS Black Belt Certifications.
- There are no fees required.
- The only requirements are the successful completion of your degree program and submission of an electronic copy of your completed project for record keeping by Juran Global.
Here are more detailed instructions:
- Within three months of the completion of the degree program at NGS, the student contacts Maura Burke (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request either the Green Belt (BSc) or Black Belt (MS) certification.
- Academic Affairs will submit, and verify, the following information to Juran:
- Student’s full name & email address
- NGS degree and date of degree completion
- Project name and project description
- Project Champion and name(s) of any partners on project
- An electronic copy of the Bachelors Business Project (BBP) or Masters Business Project (MBP)
- Upon verification of all documents, Juran Global will issue, via email, either a Lean Six Sigma Green or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certificate PDF to the NGS student.
Thank you for your assistance. NGS will be reviewing policies and procedures for earning Lean Six Sigma Green and Black Belts for future cohorts. Please contact us with any questions or concerns.